There are many different ways to vounteer at SS Dixon Intermediate throughout the school year.
Every parent wants the best for their child. PTSO support helps parents make noticeable, long-term improvements on behalf of their child and many others. It is also a great way to know what is happening at the school and connect with other parents and teachers.
There are many opportunities to get involved with the SSDI PTSO at the membership level. We are a very hands-on yet laid-back support organization working with all facets of the school, from administration to individual departments, including P.E. and the library, to hosting and supporting fun and engaging student activities.
Benefits of membership include:
- PTSO members who are also approved volunteers receive first notification about school-related and PTSO-related volunteer opportunities*
- PTSO newsletter
- Quick updates and reminders via email
- Opportunity to meet and build relationships with other SSDI families and teaches outside of the classroom
- Opportunity to more comfortably discuss issues that might be on your mind
Your membership fee helps support our school and children in a variety of ways –
- Classroom technology
- Assembly funding/supplies
- Special events/activities
- Playground equipment
CLASSROOM INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Our classroom incentive program rewards classes with the highest level of PTSO participation. The deadline for the classroom incentive program is the last Friday in October.